Thursday 11 November 2010

What Makes a Good Website?

In order to gain a selection of answers from people who have looked at artists' websites before, I posted a question on YahooAnswers to get my desired response.


My question 'What makes a good website for an artist or band?'. I posted the question as 'open' meaning that anybody could see and answer it. This would give me a wider range of answers.


Waiting 3 days after posting the question, I then gathered the responses I received and made note of the most popular suggestions. These were: 

  • an interesting but brief band biography 
  • members of the band and what they play
  • access to play music on the site
  • neat presentation
  • dates showing the band/artists' next shows or tours
  • a link to the artists' store
  • a contact page. where members of the industry or fans can contact the artist
  • easy to navigate
  • consistent colour scheme 
  • links to Youtube, Facebook, Twitter etc


Now that I have what the general public consider to be features which make a successful band or artist website, I can ensure that when I come to design and assemble my own website for my band I can refer back to this list and include as many as I can.  

No comments:

Post a Comment